Log Into IRISS
University of Calgary Researchers
University of Calgary researchers log in using your UCID and IT username.
HREBA - All Other Researchers
All other researchers without a UCID can log in using HREBA registration.
Register for IRISS Access
University of Calgary Users
If you have an active staff or student UCID, IT Username, and Password:
- Complete the IRISS registration through the CAS (Central Authentication Service).
If you DO NOT have an active UCID, complete the following steps:
- Download the Associate-Limited Access UCID Number Request Form
- Fill in the Request Detail and Personal Information SECTIONS ONLY
- Email the form with completed sections to email@example.com
- You will be notified once your UCID# has been activated. Follow the instructions in the notification email to create your IT Username.
- You can then register in IRISS through the CAS (Central Authentication Service)
Once approved, you can log-in to IRISS through the main log-in portal above.
Email the help desk to deactivate your IRISS account.
HREBA - Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta Users
Visit: HREBA registration page
- Clinical Trials Committee (HREBA-CTC)
- Cancer Committee (HREBA-CC)
- Community Health Committee (HREBA-CHC)
- External view access for Covenant Health (CH) or Alberta Health Services (AHS)
IRISS Help Desk
403-210-9300 or 1-855-222-2345
Main Campus: Math Sciences 773 (7th Floor)
Foothills Campus: HSC-G204
Hours: 8:30am to 12:00pm - 1:00pm to 4:30pm M-F
Please provide the following information:
- Ethics ID # or ACC Protocol ID # (if initiated or active)
- Name of Principal Investigator
- Description of the support request
Regular System Maintenance:
Sunday, (weekly): 12:00 - 2:00 AM
Please ensure you are logged out the system during this time as work that has not been saved will be lost.
Training Presentation (beginner - REB)
Animal Care Committee (ACC) user guides are posted on the animal care website.
Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta (HREBA) user guides are posted on the HREBA website.