RMS support is available Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
For general help using RMS, including with tasks such as:
- Finding and connecting relevant resources
- Role access issues or PeopleSoft Access Request (PSAR)
Contact UService via email, phone, or in person:
MAIN CAMPUS (Math Sciences 773)
FOOTHILLS CAMPUS (Health Science Centre G204)
RMS Project Team
As RMS is going through the Revitalization phase, we are busy analyzing the current state and functionality of the RMS project. Even though we are happy to help support you on your requests, currently, the project team has limited resources to answer all of them. If you need support and it impacts your ability to do your work, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org, not individual team members. Our commitment is to respond to your email within one working day.
The RMS Project Team can assist with tasks such as:
- Technical inquiries
- Bug reporting
Contact the RMS Project Team:
- Alberta Lung Association – Grant-In-Aid
- Crohn’s and Colitis – Grant-In-Aid
- Crohn’s and Colitis – Innovations in IBD
- Alberta Innovates – PRIHS 2 (full application)
- SSHRC - Connection Grants
- SSHRC – Insight Development Grant
- Cancer Research Society Operating Grant (full application)
- MSI Foundation Research Grant (full application)
- Weston Brain Institute: Rapid Response and Transformational Research for Alzheimer’s and Related Diseases (full application only)
- Canadian Blood Services
- SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grant: Informing Best Practices in Environmental and Impact Assessment
- CIHR Network Catalyst Grants
- The Arthritis Society – Strategic Operating Grants
- Heart & Stroke Foundation: Grant in Aid
- Alberta Innovates - Cancer Screening Research and Innovation Opportunity: Stream II - Solution Implementation
- The Research Management System (RMS) is a new platform that manages the pre-award, post-award, and publication phases of a research grant or contract. Throughout the Grants and Contracts life-cycle, RMS interfaces with other UCalgary systems, such as IRISS and PeopleSoft, to provide a seamless process for grants and awards management, eliminate re-keying of data and heightened transparency into the status of applications at any time.
- The implementation of RMS is a multi-year project, co-sponsored by the Vice-President (Research) and the Vice-President (Finance & Services).
- The Research Management System (RMS) is considered a research enabler directly aligned to help meet the goals of our Eyes High vision and Research Plan.
RMS will help to reduce administrative burdens, leaving researchers to focus more time on research than management.
The first limited release is intended to support a variety of smaller single sponsor Competitions. There are numerous advantages to this including user and faculty experience with the application, completion of training for many super users and positive benefits of early adoption.
- Replacement of current paper-based submission process for Grants and Contracts
- Academic approval will be captured and routed electronically
- Project set-up in PeopleSoft will be automated
- Validation and curation of publications will be automated
Click here to view a comparison chart of how the process of management will change from the current process to a new, more efficient one.
RMS will increase operational efficiencies for the research community. RMS will provide users with:
- Increased workflow visibility
- Time savings through improved process efficiency
- Optimized automated interfaces that consolidates key information together in one system
- Accessible and appropriate support services to resolve issues in a timely manner
Release 1, focused on a subset of external grants (pre-award only), went live in June 2019.
Functionality and expanded grant & award coverage is planned to be added every few months thereafter.