UCalgary researchers at work on a vaccine against a fatal infectious disease affecting deer and potentially people
July 19, 2021
“Our new data show that there is the potential for chronic wasting disease (CWD) to infect people,” says Dr. Hermann Schaetzl, MD, PhD, professor of prion biology and immunology and associate dean, research at UCVM.
UCalgary team contributes to national research for future pandemics
July 16, 2021
Early warning and response systems proposed under ‘One Health’ model
Innovators flourish in Entrepreneurial Thinking in One Health course
July 16, 2021
Deadly wildlife disease might threaten humans, new Canadian research suggests
July 15, 2021
Preventing the next pandemic - Zoonotic diseases and how to break the chain of transmission
July 6, 2021
G7 Health Ministers’ Declaration, Oxford
June 4, 2021
Tip of the iceberg: The true state of drinking water advisories in First Nations
May 7, 2021
Until recently, a boil-water advisory had been in place in the First Nation of Shoal Lake 40 community for more than 20 years, writes Kerry Black, Schulich School of Engineering, in Conversation Canada.
Why and how to educate your clients about One Health
April 28, 2021
How to implement this global initiative at your veterinary practice, plus some strategies to get you started.
How do horses feel about being in rodeos?
February 23, 2021
Watch what Dr. Ed Pajor, one of the OH@UCalgary working group members have to say about the new University of Calgary study that looks at animal welfare.
WHO Director-General's opening remarks at 27th Tripartite Annual Executive Committee Meeting World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
February 17, 2021
"For many people, One Health may have once seemed simply a concept. It is no longer."
Immigrant women face ‘dangerous’ working conditions in long-term care
Jan 14, 2021
This article is featuring Dr. Naomi Lightman, Assistant Professor at the University of Calgary and the speaker of webinar #3 of the OH Circle on the impact of COVID-19 on immigrant and racialized women.
After U.S. infections, Calgary Zoo steps up COVID-19 vigilance
Jan 13, 2021
This article is featuring Dr. Doug Whiteside, member of the Infectious Diseases and the Microbiome working group at the One Health at UCalgary, the speaker at the first OH Circle, and senior veterinarian at the Calgary Zoo, and his work at the Calgary Zoo during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to include Indigenous researchers and their knowledge
January 12, 2021
Researchers from Native American and Indigenous communities explain how colleagues and institutions can help them to battle marginalization.
Take the Plunge to Become Water Wise
A study by Dr. Lee Jackson, a professor in Biological Sciences at the University of Calgary and Scientific Director at Advancing Canadian Wastewater Assets (ACWA)
Inclusion in Northern Research
This interactive conversation was proposed in the context of the Arctic Change 2020 meetings. With the challenges associated with social distancing during the COVID-19 epidemic, and our collective rallying to the #BlackLivesMatter and #IndigenousLivesMatter movements, we felt it was important, more than ever, to also come together and uplift members of our community.
- Increased shipping stressing out narwhals, say researchers, Dec 9, 2020
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at mink farm in B.C.'s Fraser Valley, Dec 8, 2020
- A Fresh Look At Preconditioning Beef Calves, Dec 4, 2020
- UCalgary researchers discover the microbiome’s role in attacking cancerous tumours, Aug 14, 2020
- Dog Bites More Likely in Cities Than Rural Areas, U of G Research Finds, Aug 10, 2020
- Unite human, animal and environmental health to prevent the next pandemic – UN Report, July 6, 2020
- Decolonizing medical education and practice through leadership, research and teaching: Dr. Lynden Crowshoe wins Dr. Thomas Dignan Indigenous Health Award, June 18, 2020
- COVID-19 Diet UCalgary Nutrition Expert Offers Tips Eating Well, May 1, 2020
- Should I Snitch on People Breaking Social Distancing Rules, Apr 29, 2020
- Animal Care Research Lab Continues, Despite the Pandemic, Apr 21, 2020
- One Health Approach to Global Novel Coronavirus, Apr 20, 2020
- AHS Collecting Used N95 Masks, May Sterilize and Reuse Them, Apr 17, 2020
- Will the next great pandemic come from the permafrost?, Apr 10, 2020
- Some drugs being tested as Covid-19 treatments could be very cheap to make, Apr 10, 2020
- Mushrooms, oregano oil and masks targeted in crackdown on misleading COVID-19 ads, Apr 8, 2020
- International Fund Could Drive Equitable Development of COVID-19 Vaccine, Apr 3, 2020
- How Much Will Drug Price Controls Harm Innovation? It Depends, Feb 19, 2020
- UniUniversity of Calgary, School of Public Policy, with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, announced the creation of the Simpson Centre for Agricultural and Food Innovation and Public Education, Feb 7, 2020