Our research stations draw scholars from around the world to conduct novel, high-caliber research in the Canadian Rockies.
Our research stations draw scholars from around the world to conduct research of the highest caliber. We know the value that comes with research conducted in the field, which is why the University of Calgary continues to invest in research stations that provide opportunities for students and scholars to test their ideas in different settings.
The BGI engages in an extensive science program including independent scientists and research programs involving multidisciplinary and collaborative efforts. The surrounding landscape transiting from of the foothills to mountainous terrain leads to various research themes which broadly include:
- Animal Ecology and Wildlife Conservation Biology
- Ecohydrology, Meteorology, and Watersheds
- Vegetation Dynamics and Forestry
- Ecosystem Sustainability and Environmental Economics
- Human, Domestic Animal, and Wildlife Disease Interactions