Learn more about Enhancement Grants available for SSHRC funding programs
Enhancement Grants for SSHRC funding programs
As of December 2021, the University of Calgary is now offering the following Enhancement grants for SSHRC applicants:
- SSHRC Explore Enhancement Grants (for those who applied to SSHRC Insight or Insight Development Grant but were not awarded)
- SSHRC Exchange Enhancement Grants (for those who applied to SSHRC Partnership Engage Grant but were not awarded)
NOTE: SSHRC Exchange Enhancement Grants have replaced URGC SSHRC Exchange Partnership Seed Grants (Engage stream).
The maximum funding available per project is:
- SSHRC Explore Enhancement Grant
- $4,000 Insight Development Grant
- $6,000 Insight Grant
- SSHRC Exchange Enhancement Grant
- $2,500 Partnership Engage Grant
Participation in this program is normally by invitation, following the outcome of SSHRC competitions. Research Services will contact those who are eligible.
This funding is provided via the SSHRC Institutional Grants (SIG) funding opportunity. SSHRC provides annual grants to help eligible Canadian postsecondary institutions fund, through their own merit review processes, small-scale research and research-related activities by their faculty and students in the social sciences and humanities.
Researchers eligible for an Enhancement Grant must provide information required to create a project account, or in cases where there are more eligible projects than funding available, some additional information may be requested in order to allocate available funds on a competitive basis.