Canadian Common CV (CCV)
The Canadian Common CV (CCV) is an online application that provides researchers with a single way to gather the CV information required by a network of federal, provincial and not-for-profit research funding organizations, including the Tri-Council agencies. The CCV ensures CV information provided by researchers is accessible (with consent from the researcher) by member agencies to support their funding application process.
- The CCV will lighten the load on the research community in the long term
- Once data is entered, only updating is required, and it can be re-used for future applications including:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
While the CCV is being implemented as a staged rollout, all researchers are encouraged to start entering their CV information early as it can be extremely time consuming filling in the required fields the first time.
- The CCV is required for the individual and team Discovery Grants, Research Tools and Instrument Grants and the Subatomic Physics grants. Click for Instructions for completing the NSERC CCV.
- Other funding opportunities will continue to use the current online system and Form 100 until they are migrated to the Research Portal.
- Applicants will be notified in advance of the dates when others will migrate; NSERC has not stated when the other programs are expected to be migrated.
- In the meantime, applicants to multiple NSERC programs will need to maintain and update both their Form 100 and NSERC CCV given the gradual implementation.
- The CCV is required for Insight Development Grants
- All other funding opportunities will continue to use the current SSHRC CV and application system, until they are migrated to the new grants management system.
- All CIHR funding programs require the use of the CCV