The Canadian Common CV (CCV) is an online application that provides researchers with a single way to gather the CV information required by a network of federal, provincial and not-for-profit research funding organizations, including the Tri-Council agencies. The CCV ensures CV information provided by researchers is accessible (with consent from the researcher) by member agencies to support their funding application process.
- The CCV will lighten the load on the research community in the long term
- Once data is entered, only updating is required, and it can be re-used for future applications including:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
While the CCV is being implemented as a staged rollout, all researchers are encouraged to start entering their CV information early as it can be extremely time consuming filling in the required fields the first time.