Canadian Common CV (CCV)
The Canadian Common CV (CCV) is an online application that provides researchers with a single way to gather the CV information required by a network of federal, provincial and not-for-profit research funding organizations, including the Tri-Council agencies. The CCV ensures CV information provided by researchers is accessible (with consent from the researcher) by member agencies to support their funding application process.
- The CCV will lighten the load on the research community in the long term
- Once data is entered, only updating is required, and it can be re-used for future applications including:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
While the CCV is being implemented as a staged rollout, all researchers are encouraged to start entering their CV information early as it can be extremely time consuming filling in the required fields the first time.
For specific CCV related questions, please contact the Grants Officer responsible for the agency to which you are applying or contact the CCV helpdesk.
- The CCV is required for the individual and team Discovery Grants, Research Tools and Instrument Grants and the Subatomic Physics grants. Click for Instructions for completing the NSERC CCV.
- Other funding opportunities will continue to use the current online system and Form 100 until they are migrated to the Research Portal.
- Applicants will be notified in advance of the dates when others will migrate; NSERC has not stated when the other programs are expected to be migrated.
- In the meantime, applicants to multiple NSERC programs will need to maintain and update both their Form 100 and NSERC CCV given the gradual implementation.
- The CCV is required for Insight Development Grants
- All other funding opportunities will continue to use the current SSHRC CV and application system, until they are migrated to the new grants management system.
- All CIHR funding programs require the use of the CCV