Working directly with faculties and guided by the University of Calgary's Research Plan, the Institutional Programs team provides a framework for the identification, qualification, development, submission and award management for major institutionally prioritized programs.
The Institutional Programs portfolio consists of high risk, high reward, highly complex, and multi-partner programs, often with commercialization as a desired outcome.
This team builds teams; teams of strategic professionals (including consulting, project management, intellectual property, legal, financial, industrial relations, government relations, philanthropic development, etc) to work with the lead faculty and scientist to develop funding strategies, business plans and superior Institutional Research Priority proposals.
The Institutional Programs team oversees agency programs including but not limited to:
- Alberta Jobs, Economy and Innovation (JEI, formerly Economic Development, Trade and Tourism or EDTT)
- Canada Excellence Research Chairs
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Genome Canada
- Western Economic Diversification
- New Frontiers in Research Fund, and
- other major tri-council grants (including NSERC CREATE, SSHRC Partnership Grants and Partnership Development Grants)