The Research Transition Facility (RTF) is the University of Calgary’s multi-tenant, not-for-profit facility developed and designed to assist University-based entrepreneurs incubate new ideas and discoveries into marketable.
The facility assists technology-based companies establish their first independent location as they work towards transitioning to a commercial facility.
Tenant Criteria and Selection
Managed by a committee including representatives from Research Services, Real Estate Leasing and Land Holdings and Innovate Calgary, final tenant selection decisions are approved by the Vice President (Research) office. The program offers attractive lease rates thanks to the assistance of Province of Alberta grant. Subsidies are available for priority tenants who meet the following criteria:
The Research Transition Facility offers a variety of office, wet lab and dry lab space for start-up companies.
University Research Centre (URC)
3535 Research Road NW
- 11,000 sq ft office, dry lab, wet lab space with fully-serviced laboratories complete with fume hood ventilation and vacuum, natural gas, nitrogen, and water. Labs can be modified for most scientific disciplines.
- Some custom renovations can be accommodated. Specially designed bays with good load-bearing capacity (suitable for large prototypes or light manufacturing) are also available
Tenant Packages include:
- 24 hour secure access
- High-speed data capabilities
- Fibre optic link to University ethernet
- Bays with anti-static flooring
- Prototyping and light manufacturing space
- Shared access to small and large meeting rooms
- Furnishings package (optional)
- On-site cafe and catering services
- Adjacent parking is available at additional cost
For more information on space availability and selection criteria contact:
Bill Szczepaniak, Director, Economic Development, Life Sciences Innovation Hub
Phone: (403) 210.8358