SUPPORT Executive meets annually to discuss the success of activities, recommendations from subcommittees and to provide input into strategic initiatives. Each Subcommittee Chair also presents a summary of major initiatives within their groups, and opportunities for collaboration, development and inter-disciplinary are discussed.
- Members include the VPR, Associate Vice-Presidents (AVP), Chairs of each subcommittee, Research Services, and senior representatives from other campus partners as may be required.
SUPPORT Chairs and Professorships
- Canada Research Chairs (CRC)
- Campus Alberta Innovates Program (CAIP)
- Canada Excellence Research Chairs (CERC)
SUPPORT Partnerships and Major Grants
Programs reviews large team-focused opportunities such as:
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grants
- SSHRC Partnership Grants
- New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) opportunities
- Other major programs as announced
SUPPORT Training and Professional Development Programs reviews initiatives with a strong professional development or HQP component such as:
SUPPORT Research Infrastructure Programs reviews funding opportunities for large scale infrastructure requests such as
- CFI: John R. Evans Leaders Fund
- CFI: Innovation Fund
- CFI: Cyberinfrastructure Initiative
SUPPORT Research Awards reviews nominations and potential candidates for a select number of prestigious external research award programs.