Nominate a scholar for prizes and awards
As a leading research-intensive, learner-centred institution, the University of Calgary takes great pride in the scholarly contributions of its faculty and staff. For this reason, the University strongly encourages its community to nominate colleagues for prizes and awards that acknowledge the caliber of the individual as well as the University of Calgary.
Under this section you will find the different provincial, national and international prizes and awards that are available to nominate and recognize researchers and their work.
Research Services and the awards specialist can help with award nominations in several different ways:
- send out notification of upcoming deadlines
- review the requirements and terms of reference with anyone wanting to put forward a nomination package
- solicit letters of reference on behalf of the nominator
- solicit application signatures for any nomination forms
- meet with you to discuss possible nominees and how to go about putting together your nomination
- review nomination packages for completeness
- submit nominations via courier