Vice-President (Research) Programs
The Office of the Vice-President (Research) offers the following Grants to faculty members, graduate students and scholars to support them with their endeavours.
All applications require a signature from a University of Calgary Dean.
Conference and Workshop Grants **Applications are closed until April 2019**
- This grant provides funding support to national or international conferences or workshops of scholarly significance being held in the Calgary area (including Banff and Kananaskis). See a list of successful Conference and Workshop Grants
- This grant provides travel funding support for faculty members to allow them to personally present the results of their original research, scholarship, and creative activity at national or multi-national scholarly forums.
- This grant provides funding support to graduate students with exceptional costs that are essential to the completion of their thesis/dissertation projects.
Faculty of Graduate Studies
- International Graduate Student Conference Travel Grants – This program is being transferred to the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) to be administered concurrently with their current Graduate Student Conference Travel Grants - University Awards: Travel Awards – International Students.
The University Research Grants Committee (URGC) Seed Grant Program will continue to be managed by Research Services. While the application process will remain the same as in previous years with the review and adjudication completed by the URGC Sub-committees, there will be only 1 competition annually held in the winter term:
- University of Calgary Faculty Seed Grants (Sciences, Engineering and Medicine)
- University of Calgary SSHRC Explore Faculty Seed Grants
- University of Calgary SSHRC Exchange Partnership Seed Grants
Margaret Gunn Endowment for Animal Research - April 1, 2018
*If the deadline falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted by 4:30 pm on the Monday following the deadline date.
Each year, this program provides funding to promote significant research initiatives investigating animal health and behavior with special consideration given to projects with agriculture significance. Please review the Margaret Gunn Endowment Guidebook prior to filling out the grant application form:
For more information on the URGC Programs or Margaret Gunn Endowment, please contact the Internal Grants Research Officer.