Prize: IHDCYH Talks
Award amount and duration:
Who can apply?
- Independent researchers, trainees (all research pillars and career levels) and knowledge users.
- Representatives from Canadian non-governmental, and/or not-for-profit organizations (including community or charitable organizations).
- Members of the general public who are able to demonstrate a clear, evidence-based message related to IHDCYH’s mandate.
Faculty applications can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee applications can reach out to email@example.com
The IHDCYH Talks Video Competition is a unique opportunity to submit a short video (5 minutes or less) that presents a clear evidence-based message to a lay audience that is designed to have an impact on the health of children, youth and families.
This competition accepts video submissions from members of the research community, and also more widely, from non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations (including community or charitable organizations), as well as members of the general public who are able to demonstrate a clear, evidence-based message related to IHDCYH's mandate.
It is important that the content of the videos be engaging, easily understood and accessible to a lay audience. Successful videos will be posted on CIHR and IHDCYH social media channels and shared through other communications channels. It is important that the content of the videos be engaging, easily understood and accessible to a lay audience.
The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $7,000, enough to fund 5 prizes or as otherwise determined by IHDCYH.
Prize distribution Amount
1st place $3000
2nd place $2000
3nd place $1000
Special commendations2 at $500 each
Program application deadline
The 2023 IHDCYH Talks Video Competition is now open!
- Registration deadline: September 27, 2023 at 4 pm ET
- Submission deadline: October 16, 2023 at 4 pm ET
- Peer review and voting period: November 2023
- Notice of Decision: February 1, 2024
How to Apply
The application process for this funding opportunity has two steps: 1. Registration form and 2. Video submission. You do not need to use ResearchNet to apply to this competition.
- Fill in the registration form [DOCX (28 KB)] (and consent form [PDF (82 KB)] if applicable, see Video Criteria above) and submit it via email to IHDCYH-IDSEA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
- Within five business days of receiving your completed registration form, the IHDCYH team will email you instructions for how to upload your video file via a secure large file transfer service. Please note:
- Your video file should be clearly named following this convention: LAST NAME_IHDCYHTALKS2023
- The video title on your registration form must match title of the actual video
- Submit one clear thumbnail image for use on YouTube