Millennium Technology Prize
The Millennium Technology Prize can be awarded to an individual or to a team of any nationality. All individuals who deserve the Millennium Technology Prize for the proposed innovation must be named in the nomination. The Prize is intended for innovators in the active stage of their careers.
The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the impact of science and innovations on the well-being and equality of humankind and the planet. The Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
- enhancing quality of life
- promoting sustainable development, like the efficient use of Earth’s resources, biodiversity, or mitigation of climate change
- generating applications with global commercial viability
- creating new accessible socio-economic value
- stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
Adherence to an ethical Code of Conduct, if such has been at use at the time of the innovation in the institution or company where the innovation was made.
Read the full prize criteria here
Nominations are invited from organizations and individuals across the world and from all fields of technology, excluding military technology. Self-nominations are not accepted. This includes nominations made by the following:
- the nominee
- the nominee’s parents, spouse, or children
- the nominee’s domestic partner living in the same household
- representative of a company in which the nominee exercises authority (more than 50% ownership)
The permission of the nominee(s) is not required for making a nomination. The nominator may inform the nominee(s) about the nomination if they so choose.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit people globally and improve life on the planet in a sustainable way. We welcome nominations from around the world, from all fields of technology, excluding military technology.
Program application deadline
Technology Academy Finland (TAF)