2023 Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship
Award amount and duration:
The Fellowship is open to candidates who have received their PhD degrees no earlier than November 1, 2020, in all countries except Israel. PhD candidates may apply if they complete their dissertation defence successfully no later than June 1, 2024. All nationalities may apply, except for Israeli citizens and residents. Candidates who commenced a postdoctoral or an academic position in Israel prior to September 1, 2023, may not apply.
*Please note that candidates are required to have an academic sponsor, who is a faculty member at an eligible Israeli academic institution.
1. The Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to candidates who have officially been awarded their PhD degrees (signified by the date on their diploma) no earlier than November 1, 2020, in all countries except Israel. Allowances are made for parental or medical leave or other career interruptions.
2. Candidates currently enrolled in a PhD program may apply as long as they complete their dissertation defence successfully no later than June 1, 2024. Official university documentation indicating a dissertation defence date will be required.
3. All nationalities are eligible to apply for the Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship, except those who have Israeli citizenship or a resident of Israel.
4. The Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to candidates who have secured an academic sponsor and will perform their postdoctoral research at one of the following Israeli institutions: Bar-Ilan University, BenGurion University of the Negev, Reichman University, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, University of Haifa and Weizmann Institute of Science.
5. Candidates who commenced a postdoctoral or an academic position in Israel prior to September 1, 2023, may not apply.
The Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship supports the best and brightest minds in their postdoctoral research in Israel, connecting them with world-class academics and leading researchers.
How much is the Fellowship?
The Fellowship is made up of a basic stipend of ILS 168,000 per academic year, with an additional ILS 20,000 granted annually for research expenses and research-related travel.
When does the Fellowship begin?
The starting date of the Fellowship is October 2024, which is the beginning of the 2024–25 Israeli academic year. However, candidates are permitted to start their Fellowship as early as June 2024, and no later than March 2025.
How long does the Fellowship last?
The Fellowship is offered for two years. Renewal for a third year will be considered favourably based on a competitive evaluation process.
How many Fellowships are offered?
Up to 24 Fellowships are offered per year.
What do I need in order to apply?
Requirements are detailed in the guidelines on our website:
When to apply?
The online application opens September 1, 2023, and closes November 15, 2023.
When will decisions be announced?
Award notifications will be made by March 2024.
For any questions, please contact: email@example.com
RSO detailed review deadline
RSO final internal review deadline
Program application deadline
NOTE: Consult your Faculty Associate Dean (Research) (ADR) regarding Faculty-specific deadlines and submission processes.
Principal Investigators: Complete a Research Management System (RMS) record, including a copy of your complete application, and submit this for approvals in RMS.
Postdocs, students, and trainees: For fellowships and externally-sponsored research training awards or opportunities, you must complete the Research Funding Application Approval (RFAA) Trainee PDF form, and submit it, along with a complete copy of the application, to Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trainees should not use RMS at this time.
Approvals: The University of Calgary requires that all funding applications be approved prior to submission. Approval requires signatures via either RMS or the RFAA Trainee form, in the following order:
- Principal Investigator
- Department Head
- Faculty ADR/Dean
- Research Services (on behalf of the Vice-President Research)
Read the Meaning of Grant Signatures policy to understand what your approval means. Please see the agency guidelines for details about which signatures are required on your application, as it may differ from internal requirements.
Late submissions: Late submissions will only be accepted in cases of medical or family emergencies, or other exceptional circumstances. If you submit your RMS record to Research Services after the internal deadline has passed, you must secure additional approvals. Please read: Late Applications Process.
Please see the Program Guidelines here: https://azrielifoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Guidelines-2024-25-Final-1.pdf
Please see the Application Form and Instructions here: https://azrieli.smapply.io/prog/international_postdoctoral_fellowship/