CSES Research Grant
Award amount and duration:
CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
1. One of the principal investigators must be a member of CSES in good standing.
2. One of the principal investigators must be an orthopaedic surgeon working in a Canadian orthopaedic centre both at the time of application and at the award’s receipt.
3. One of the Principal or Secondary Investigators must be a COA member or associate member in good standing.
4. Propose a pre-clinical or clinical study with the potential to improve clinical outcomes of a Shoulder or Elbow disorder.
5. Conduct the research in conjunction with other CSES members if the research proposal is a clinical trial.
6. Research projects previously funded will not be considered for an award, that is, research projects will not be funded for linear growth. If external funding has been received and the project has not been published, include a budget and summary for the project with your application.
In collaboration with the Canadian Shoulder and Elbow Society, the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation established the CSES Research Grant to support and encourage orthopaedic surgeons to conduct collaborative shoulder or elbow research. The total number of awards each year will be variable, based on available funding. Individual awards are in the amount of up to $20,000.
Please read full guidelines here.
RSO final internal review deadline
Program application deadline
NOTE: Consult your Faculty Associate Dean (Research) (ADR) regarding Faculty-specific deadlines and submission processes.
Principal Investigators: Complete a Research Management System (RMS) record, including a copy of your complete application, and submit this for approvals in RMS.
Postdocs, students, and trainees: For fellowships and externally-sponsored research training awards or opportunities, you must complete the Research Funding Application Approval (RFAA) Trainee PDF form, and submit it, along with a complete copy of the application, to Research Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trainees should not use RMS at this time.
Approvals: The University of Calgary requires that all funding applications be approved prior to submission. Approval requires signatures via either RMS or the RFAA Trainee form, in the following order:
- Principal Investigator
- Department Head
- Faculty ADR/Dean
- Research Services (on behalf of the Vice-President Research)
Read the Meaning of Grant Signatures policy to understand what your approval means. Please see the agency guidelines for details about which signatures are required on your application, as it may differ from internal requirements.
Late submissions: Late submissions will only be accepted in cases of medical or family emergencies, or other exceptional circumstances. If you submit your RMS record to Research Services after the internal deadline has passed, you must secure additional approvals. Please read: Late Applications Process.
- Complete Full Application as per guidelines on the CORL website
- To initiate internal approvals, complete the Pre-Award/Application record in RMS (https://research.ucalgary.ca/conduct-research/additional-resources/resea...), attach your completed Application, and submit for approvals from your department head and/or faculty Associate Dean (Research). *Important: when submitting in RMS, please ensure that you allow time for academic approvals prior to the Research Services review deadline of 12:00pm on Thursday October 26, 2023.
- Once these approvals are obtained, RMS will automatically forward the Application record to Research Services for institutional review and approval.
- Research Services will review, provide feedback (by email) if necessary, and will provide the institutional approval. RSO will provide the capping institutional signature if needed and will advise when ready.
- Full Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com on or before October 31, 2023. The email subject line should state: CSES Application – [Last Name]
Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation
Canadian Shoulder and Elbow Society