Award amount and duration:
1. In accordance with the Wolf Prize principle of rotation, candidate(s) for the 2024 prize can be nominated only in one of the following five fields: Physics, Mathematics, Medicine, Agriculture, and Music.
2. An international Prize Committee selects the Wolf Prize Laureate(s) in each field. The committee’s decisions are final and irrevocable.
3. One, two, or three candidates may be nominated to receive the prize.
• A joint nomination recognizes only collaborative work or work contributing similarity or additively to the same
specific sub-field. In this case, each candidate should be nominated using a separate form, with the jointly
filed candidate mentioned in the appropriate place.
• If a joint nomination is for collaborative work, please state this at the beginning of the "Brief Description"
section. Please specify the contribution of each candidate to their joint achievement.
• A joint nomination serves only as a recommendation for the committee. The committee reviews each
4. A Nominator may submit more than one nomination package (for different candidates).
a. The Prize is awarded to individuals, not to institutions.
b. A person cannot nominate himself/herself.
c. Nobel Prize Laureates will not be considered, unless their nomination is proposed for an achievement entirely
different from the one recognized by the Nobel Prize.
d. The Wolf Prize is awarded in Jerusalem by the President of the State of Israel. Nominators should reconsider
proposing candidates who, to the best of their knowledge, may not be able to attend the ceremony.
e. Please note that the Wolf Prize is awarded for significant breakthroughs and not for an exemplary career or
leadership in a particular field.
f. The Wolf Prize is awarded to scientists and artists from all over the world for their professional achievements
for the benefit of humanity. Affiliation with the state of Israel or Israeli scientists is not a consideration for
awarding the prize.
Since 1978, The Wolf Foundation has awarded the acclaimed, international Wolf Prize.
The acclaimed Wolf Prize is awarded to outstanding scientists and artists from around the world, (regardless of nationality, race, color, religion, gender, or political views) for achievements in the interest of humanity and friendly relations among people.
The scientific categories of the prize include Medicine, Agriculture, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. The Prize’s art categories include Painting and Sculpting, Music, and Architecture. The prize laureates are selected by international Jury Committees which comprise world-renowned professionals from all over the world.
The prize in each field consists of a certificate and a monetary award of $100,000. To date, 375 scientists and artists from around the globe have been honored.
The prize presentation takes place at a special ceremony at the Knesset (Israel´s Parliament), in Jerusalem.
Program application deadline
5. The submission package should include:
a. A duly completed Nomination Form. Please fill out all fields according to the instructions without exceeding the allotted space.
b. Three or four letters of support from experts who are not affiliated with the candidate's institution. The letters of support can be written as a collaborative letter of recommendation. The signed letters must be written on formal letterhead. An additional letter from the candidate's institution may be added.
c. A recent candidate's photograph at high resolution of at least 300 dpi.
d. A short biography, up to one page.
6. Submitting the nomination package:
a. Submission via E-Mail only to: Office@wolffund.org.il
b. Submission Deadline: October 12th, 2023 at 23:00 (Israel time).
c. The Form must be completed in full and typewritten in English, font size 11.
d. Edited Official Form will not be accepted. Do not make changes using editing software in the original form.
e. Please send us all nomination materials in a single E-mail message.
f. All files should be named according to their contents including the candidate name. For example: Gross photo, Gross form etc.
g. DO NOT PRINT AND SCAN the Nomination Form.
h. DO NOT LOCK DOCUMENTS with passwords.
i. Each nomination is automatically valid for three cycles. The nominator can update the nomination at any time during this period. After three cycles a new nomination package is required.